October is Fall Car Care Month! As we enter the holiday season, fall weather in Monument is predictably… unpredictable. But taking a few steps now can help you avoid the headaches of costly breakdowns later.
This month, we’re offering tips for preparing for the fall season, adapted from Car Care Council. Bring your vehicle into our auto repair shop to have all of these critical components inspected before the weather turns.
- All fluids, including engine oil, power steering, brake and transmission as well as windshield washer solvent and antifreeze/coolant.
- Hoses and belts. With changing temperatures, these parts can become cracked, brittle, frayed, loose or showing signs of excessive wear.
- Battery. Cold temperatures can be hard on batteries. Make sure your vehicle has enough power to start when the temperatures drop. We’ll make sure the connection is clean, tight and corrosion-free.
- Brake system. Have our experts check the full system annually and have the brake linings, rotors and drums inspected at each oil change.
- Exhaust system. Exhaust leaks can be dangerous and must be corrected without delay.
- HVAC system or heating, ventilating, and air conditioning. Proper heating and cooling performance is critical for interior comfort and safety reasons, such as defrosting.
- Tires. You can check tire pressure and tread at home, but stop by our shop for a thorough inspection. Uneven wear indicates a need for wheel alignment. Tires should also be checked for bulges and bald spots.
- Wipers and lighting. See and be seen! We’ll make sure all interior and exterior lighting is working properly. Replace worn wiper blades so you can see clearly when driving during precipitation.
To make sure your vehicle is ready for changing conditions this fall, stop by JJ Tracks Tire & Auto Center for a fall safety inspection. Our technicians will inspect all of the elements on this list for you to make sure your vehicle will keep you safe on the fall roads. Stop by our auto repair shop in Monument or request an appointment online.
Any time you have any questions about your vehicle, call us at (719) 481-4393.